The Victorian government announced a seven-day lockdown starting at 11:59pm, Thursday 27th May in a bid to curb the state’s growing coronavirus outbreak.
That means there will be five reasons to leave your home: shopping for the things you need, care and caregiving, exercise, work if it is essential, and being vaccinated.
How will this affect your services?
• Our offices in Bendigo and Mildura will be closed to the public.
• Our phone lines will remain open.
• Our on-call service will continue to operate after-hour business hours and on weekends.
• No groups will be held during the lockdown period
• Outside School Hours Care will continue for children of essential workers and vulnerable students
• One-to-one support in participants’ home will continue
• One-to-one support to access essential services, such as grocery shopping and exercise within a 5km radius, will continue
• One-to-one support to access medical appointments, including COVID-19 vaccinations. Please do not delay treatment unless advised by your doctor.
Masks and hygiene
Face masks will need to be worn indoors and outdoors – whenever you leave home. Our staff are encouraged to wear masks unless there is an exemption or a fundamental reason not to do so.
Staff must always follow our infection protocol, which includes things like regular handwashing. It’s okay to ask our team members if they have followed the procedures.
Pfizer vaccinations are now available for people between the ages of 40 and 49 at state government vaccination hubs.
One-on-one support to be vaccinated, if eligible, is allowed under the restrictions and can be organised with your coordinator.
If you show any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, please get tested, isolate, and notify our office of your condition to make support arrangements.
Symptoms include fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and loss of smell or taste. Some people may also experience headache, muscle soreness, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
To stay up-to-date with the latest COVID-19 announcements from the Victorian Government, visit https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/.
Please contact your coordinator or our office on 03 5441 1599 you have questions or concerns regarding this email, or you need support.
Stay safe and take care.